The Directorate General CONNECT of the European Commission is organising this year the ICT2018 conference in Vienna, Austria, from 4th to 6th December 2018 (https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/events/ict-2018-imagine-digital-connect-europe) bringing together researchers, representatives from the private sector and policy makers.
COST will be present at the conference with a booth and a networking session, providing the audience an insight in COST and the “life” of COST Actions.
In accordance with the COST policy we are happy to announce that the COST Association can provide 10 grants of 500 EUR each to Early Career Investigators (ECIs) coming from the COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) to participate in the ICT2018 conference and assist the COST Association team in promoting COST and the opportunities it offers to researchers.
The grants will be awarded mainly on a first come, first serve basis to the applicants, with an additional application of COST policies (gender balance and diversity of countries), provided that the application fulfils the following requirements:
1. The application arrives by Tuesday, 23/10/2018 between 5 and 6 pm, Brussels time, in the inbox of Ralph Stübner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications received before or after this time range have to queue behind those fulfilling the conditions. No acknowledgement of receipt will be provided.
2. It provides the following details:
Place of residence (in a COST Inclusiveness Target Country):
Fulfilment of Early Career Investigator status / PhD award date:
3. The applicant fulfils the criterion of an Early Career Investigator (ECI): An individual who is within a time span of up to 8 years from the date he/she obtained the PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent).
4. The place of residence of the applicant does not allow to commute on a daily basis to the ICT2018 conference.
5. The successful applicant signs each day the attendance list at the COST booth, attends the COST session on December 4th in the afternoon and makes him/herself available to assist the COST Association team in promoting COST at the conference as required over the duration of the event.
The circulation of this invitation to COST Inclusiveness Target Countries Management Committee Members is highly encouraged, so that appropriate candidates will be informed.
Furthermore, COST Action participants are very welcome at COST booth at ICT2018.