Address: INRAE Research Centre of Clermont-Ferrand/Theix, Unit of Human Nutrition,
Mapping (Metabolic phenotyping, Modeling and Nutrition) research group, PFEM.
Skype ID: inra-pfem
BC is a research director at the French National Institute for Agronomy Research (INRA, Clermont-Ferrand, France). After a PhD in biochemistry and nutrition (Lyon-I University, France), she worked in the Departments of Nutrition of the University of Montreal (Canada) and of Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, USA) as post-doctoral fellow and assistant professor. In 2007, she joined the INRA Human Nutrition Unit. Her research interests are focused on understanding the mechanisms by which nutrition contributes to the development or the prevention of non-communicable chronic diseases. She is heading the MAPPING research group which research goals are (1) the identification of early and/or predictive (bio)markers of chronic metabolic diseases development and effects of nutrition using integrative approaches, (2) a better understanding of the mechanisms by which nutrition contributes to the development or the prevention of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and associated risk of cardiovascular diseases using nutrigenomics approaches, (3) the development of new tools of the high throughput approaches for research on metabolism and nutrition to identify biomarkers of exposure and effects. She has published over than 69 articles in peer reviewed international journal (25 over the last 5 years), of 4 book chapters, 1 worldwide patent, over 230 presentations at national and international meetings (with over 30 invited conferences). She is principal investigator/collaborator of national and international projects.
Ten most relevant publications
- Monnerie S, Comte B, Ziegler D, Morais J.A, Pujos-Guillot E, Gaudreau P. Metabolomic and lipidomic signatures of metabolic syndrome and its physiological components in adults: a systematic review. Scientific Reports, 2020, in press. www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56909-7
- Pujos-Guillot E, Pétéra M, Jacquemin J, Centeno D, Lyan B, Montoliu I, Madej D, Pietruszka B, Fabbri C, Santoro A, Brzozowska A, Franceschi C, Comte B. Identification of pre-frailty sub-phenotypes in elderly using metabolomics. Frontiers Physiol, 2019, Jan 24;9:1903.
- Grissa D, Comte B, Pétéra M, Pujos-Guillot E, Napoli A. A hybrid and exploratory approach to knowledge discovery in metabolomic data. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.11.025.
- Pujos-Guillot E, Brandolini-Bunlon M, Pétéra M, Grissa D, Joly C, Lyan B, Herquelot E, Czernichow S, Zins M, Goldberg M, Comte B. Systems Metabolomics for Prediction of Metabolic Syndrome. J Prot Res. 2017, 16 (6), 2262-2272.
- Grissa D, Pétéra M, Brandolini M, Napoli A, Comte B, and Pujos-Guillot E. Feature selection methods for early predictive biomarker discovery using untargeted metabolomic data. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fmolb.2016.00030, July 2016.
- Morio B*, Comte B*, Martin JF, Chanseaume E, Alligier M, Junot C, Boirie Y, Vidal H, Laville M, Pujos-Guillot E, Sebedio JL. Metabolomics reveals differences in subtle metabolic changes following lipid overnutrition of normal and overweight subjects. Metabolomics, 11(4):920-38, DOI 10.1007/s11306-014-0750-y, 2015.
- Martinez E, Deval C, Jousse C, Mazur A, Brachet P, Comte B. Methyl donor deficiency in H9C2 cardiomyoblasts induces ER stress as an important part of the proteome response. Intern J Biochem & Cell Biology, 59:62-72. doi: 10.1016/j.biocel.2014.11.013. Epub 2014 Dec 6, 2015.
- Gladine C, Newman J, Durand T, Galano JM, Demougeot C, Berdeaux O, Pujos-Guillot E, Pedersen TL, Mazur A, Comte B. Lipid profiling following intake of the omega 3 fatty acid DHA identifies the peroxidized metabolites F4-Neuroprostanes as the best predictors of atherosclerosis prevention. PLoS One Feb 18; 9(2):e89393, 2014.
- Polakof S, Diaz-Rubio ME, Dardevet D, Besson C, Pujos Guillot E, Martin JF, Sébédio JL, Mazur A, Scalbert A, Comte B. Resistant starch supplementation prevents the high fat-induced insulin resistant phenotype despite a paradoxical regulation of the hepatic metabolism. J Nutr Biochem. 24(11):1920-30, 2013.
- Gladine C, Roy NC, Rigaudière JP, Laillet B, Da Silva G, Joly C, Pujos-Guillot E, Morio B, Feillet-Coudray C, McNabb WC, Chardigny JM, Comte B. Increasing intake of long chain omega 3 PUFA enhances lipoperoxidation and modulates hepatic gene expression in a dose-dependent manner. Br J Nutr. Sept 14:1-20, 2011.